Saturday, April 13, 2013

Restaurant Review: Christo's (Minnetonka)

What should you do if a friend is coming over and you burn dinner? Use it as an excuse to try out a new restaurant of course! Which is exactly what I did one evening last fall when Daren was coming over to hang and the chili I had in the slow cooker decided to stick to the bottom and ruin itself.

I usually don't suggest Greek places because Mark isn't a fan of the Tzatziki sauce (...I know!), but I was longing for some gyro meat so to Christo's we went. This excited both Daren and I tremendously as we are both huge fans of Greek food.

Since I was so hungry and already knew what I was going to order, I asked for the spinach & artichoke dip with flatbread appetizer to give the gentlemen time to browse the menu. In all honesty, the only thing I remember about this item is the bread. Not that its a bad thing! The flatbread was made on their wood fire grill and was soft yet crispy. I'm sure the dip itself was tasty, but THAT bread.... all day. The closest comparison I can think to compare the flatbread with is perfect thin crust bread sticks.

With such a good appetizer experience I had high hopes for my entree, which was a gyro pita pocket of course! Let me just start out by saying that the pita fulfilled my craving to the fullest extend. It was filled with onions, lettuce, tomato, and tons of meat. The Tzatziki sauce came on the side and I promptly drowned my pita with as much as I could fit. It was one of those meals that's so satisfying, you just know you won't ever order anything else. Yeah, it was that good. Daren had the same opinion, just sayin'.

Mark went with the Greek hash and tomato - basil soup, which he thoroughly enjoyed. The hash was basically a pita pocket without the pita and some bell peppers added. He thought the meat was particularly good with his only complaint being that he missed the pita. As for the soup, he was thrilled to see it come with feta crumbles on top and pita wedges. I'm pretty sure the soup could have been absolutely disgusting and Mark wouldn't have minded because it had feta.


Overall we had a highly positive experience at Christo's, making it a place we will be back to in the future. The only negative I can think of is that the table next to us ordered Saganaki.... It's one of my favorite appetizers and I must of just missed it on the menu. My fault, not theirs. Christo's is deliciously amazing and should not be overlooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment