Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Recap

Friday Evening (8.3.12): With a little over 2 months to go until Mark's next big test our weekends are pretty much filled with him studying and me keeping busy. So Friday night, after playing with Chloe, he studied while I made dinner. Then we relaxed and watch Batman Begins (Mark had never seen it!).
Being silly, hiding under the bed
Made this for supper, but replaced sausage with homemade
tempeh "sausage"... Delicious
Saturday (8.4.12): I biked while Mark ran Chloe then we had a quick breakfast and off to the Farmer's Market we went! It was kind of cold and rainy so the market wasn't super packed. Mark was excited to pick out some peppers (jalapeƱo and banana) and I was excited for amazing looking onions! It was Mark's week to pick out our Farmer's Market treat and he choose a whole wheat peanut butter cookie (seriously delicious). After that we headed over to Spyhouse for some studying and fantasy football info gathering. When lunch time hit we decided to give the deli at the Wedge co-op a try. It was delicious and fresh; they get bonus points for their juice bar. Finally came home, Mark studied and I cleaned. Then while I was making dinner (tilapia + pesto = love) Mark made some almond butter. We ended the evening with Mark teaching me to iron his shirts while watching the Olympics.
Farmer's Market loot: carrots, eggplant, corn, zucchini, banana peppers,
jalapeƱos, tomatoes, and gorgeously purple onions
This weeks Farmer's Market treat:
a whole wheat peanut butter cooke from the Salty Tart
Mark's macchiato and my ginger tea from Spyhouse

My "calcium cocktail" from The Wedge;
kale, cabbage, carrots, and beets juiced
Mark's the works burrito... 
... And my avocado, tomato, sprouts, and spinach
sandwich (with swiss), both from The Wedge
Making some almond butter and not making
a mess ;)
Delicious baked tilapia topped with homemade pesto,
savory cornmeal mush, and veggies.... topped with
cheese of course
Getting ready to teach me to iron
Sunday (8.5.12): We slept in ridiculously late, ate breakfast around 10, and then finally got our day started. We went to Whole Foods to get some flank steak for tacos, came back home and Mark studied, ate some lunch, then took Chloe to the dog park. After that we came home and made some homemade shampoo (review coming), then finally (at 8 pm) our slow cooker meat was done and we dug in..... by eating the entire 1/2 lb between the two of us (we don't do leftovers, what of it?). We then sat on the couch and watched some Mad Men before calling it a night.
Super late Sunday morning breakfast
Slow cooker dinner preparation   
Ingredients for homemade shampoo
8 hours later dinner was ready and worth the wait time
Our weekend was lazy and uneventful.... Just what we needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment