Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homemade Salsa (Using Canned Tomatoes)


Running out of salsa is never a good thing in my opinion. I never know when I will be craving some for my eggs, or deciding I want tacos for dinner. So what is a girl to do if she is in a pinch and needs salsa NOW? Remember that she has a can of whole tomatoes and an awesome food processor and get to work.

This salsa was literally made in 3 minutes time. It's going to take longer to type this recipe then to actually make it. Yeah, that quick. And it tastes pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

Homemade Salsa (Using Canned Tomatoes)


Makes about 2 cups


Ingredients:


1 14 oz can of whole, no salt added tomatoes

1/2 onion, chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

Handful of cilantro, chopped

Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:


In the bowl of a food processor layer tomatoes (with juices), onion, garlic, cilantro, salt & pepper, in that order.

Pulse to desired consistency.

Dip in tortilla chips to "taste test".

Store rest in refrigerator in an air tight container.

Notes:


*Add 1/2 chopped jalapeno pepper to add some spice


*Dried cilantro works just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment